We have just released Fluentd version 0.10.55. We forgot cherry-picking one commit so version 0.10.54 is skipped.
Here are the changes:
- config: Change v1's non-quoted string literal behaviour to v0's behaviour: #436
- config: Relax '@' handling in the plugin configuration for backward compatibility: #455
- config: Add --use-v0-config for keeping old configuration: #434
- config: Add single quoted literal in v1 configuration: #437
- config: Improve error message of Array / Hash parse error: #457
- input: Reduce shutdown time in some network related plugins when use Cool.io 1.2: #440
- parser: Use ParserError instead of general exception classes: #453
- Remove unused zfile buffer plugin: #445
This release improves and changes v1 configuration.
Change v1's non-quoted string literal behaviour
Old v1's non-quoted string literal is same as double-quoted string literal so v1-config user should escape some characters, e.g.
\. It has a problem which hard to write regular expression and hard to migrate from v0-config.
After several discussion, we decided to change v1's non-quoted string literal behaviour to v0's non-quoted string. You don't need
\ escape in the non-quoted string.
In this result, you can easy to migrate from v0 to v1 configuration. This is good for existence Fluentd and td-agent users. We will add each string literal explanation to configuration article on Fluentd document.
This change breaks backward compatibility of --use-v1-config. If you already use
--use-v1-config or td-agent 2, see this thread for avoiding incompatible problem: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fluentd/4C36iAyI87E
Add --use-v0-config option
Fluentd v0.12 or later uses v1 configuration by default. If you want to keep v0 configuration, this option is useful.