We have just shipped Fluentd v0.14.10 including some API improvements and major bug fixes.
Here are major changes (full ChangeLog is available here):
We say again, fluentd v0.14 is still development version.
If you try to use v0.14, check your configuration and plugins carefully.
Plugin implementation updates
We introduced socket/server plugin helpers and updated impelementations of some plugins:
These updates are to support multi-process workers in future release, and may have a performance impact.
Please let us know if you find performance regression.
in_tail: Improve input performance
Tail input plugin was optimized to read lines from files effectively. Improved line splitting performs 2x faster than previous versions in micro benchmark (not total Fluentd performance).
This fix may have positive impact if your environment is using
in_tail for heavy traffic, and has a serious performance problem related to CPU usage.
in_syslog: Add options to inject priority and facility into records
The newly added 2 options
facility_key make it possible to inject priority/facility into emitted records.
Major bug fixes
- compatibility layer: Fix compat output plugins to handle "utc" configuration parameter correctly #1319
- parser plugins: Fix to set options of regular expressions correctly #1326
- logger: Fix the bug to raise error for missing logger in v0.12 plugins #1332 #1344
- out_forward: Fix a bug not to refer v0.12 style buffer configurations #1337
- out_forward: Fix a bug to raise an error when
expire_dns_cache parameter is specified #1346
- out_file: Fix a bug to raise error about buffer configuration when it is configured as secondary plugin #1338